Gracias por visitarnos. Recuerda que eres responsable de tus aportaciones. Se respetuoso.

Imagen

Water Cuts

Welcome to Sierra de Yeguas
Julie

Water Cuts

Mensaje sin leer por Julie » 25 Jun 2010, 14:52

Are the water cuts that we keep experiencing planned in advance ? From reading the Spanish forum I understand that sometimes the cuts are advertised on the local TV channel. This channel is not available in the new urbanisations , therefore the residents living here are often unaware of the situation until they find themselves without water. There are groups , both on Facebook and Ning , that have a huge following within the village. Surely this would be the quickest way of keeping the people without access to the local channel , informed of impending cuts. A message sent to all members of the groups could then be posted into their profile pages and most of the village would know instantaneously.

basthet
Premium
Premium

Re: Water Cuts

Mensaje sin leer por basthet » 25 Jun 2010, 19:57

The water cuts are indeed published on the local TV channel. It is not only the foreign community that isn´t connected to these channels, a lot of the locals aren´t either ! Not everybody is computer literate and/or part of a social network ! Also, there are signs posted in the local businesses and bars by the SdY police. When notified - which is not always the case - the http://www.sierradeyeguas.com announces the cuts. On Sunday lunchtime, the mayor himself announced that the water would only be cut off during the night and definitely NOT during the day (contrary to earlier announcements) - Plans were changed once again, and that was that !!
BASTHET Imagen

Julie

Mensaje sin leer por Julie » 26 Jun 2010, 00:25

basthet escribió:The water cuts are indeed published on the local TV channel. It is not only the foreign community that isn´t connected to these channels, a lot of the locals aren´t either ! Not everybody is computer literate and/or part of a social network ! Also, there are signs posted in the local businesses and bars by the SdY police. When notified - which is not always the case - the http://www.sierradeyeguas.com announces the cuts. On Sunday lunchtime, the mayor himself announced that the water would only be cut off during the night and definitely NOT during the day (contrary to earlier announcements) - Plans were changed once again, and that was that !!
My original question was whether the cuts that we are experiencing are planned, either by the Town Hall or the company working on the road. Also that “the locals”, be they English or Spanish, be better informed. I made no reference to the foreign community, as I stated, this situation affects all the residents of the new urbanisations. I have a lot of Spanish friends and neighbours that have also been caught unawares. Not everyone frequents the bars on a daily basis and I agree that not everyone is computer literate. However within Facebook alone there are 267 members on sierradeyeguas.com, 222 on Amigos y Amigas de SDY and 284 members on Salvar la excavación de Sierra de Yeguas to name but a few. If the notices were posted on these websites the news would spread like wildfire as we could all inform our direct neighbours.
There is a thread on the Spanish Language forum and a lot of people seem to agree that the situation, of notification of the cuts, needs to be rectified. Unfortunately I do not feel that at present my Spanish is adequate enough to reply to their posts in Spanish but I know that many of them read this forum. I agree with many of the references comparing SDY to the Third World, if the cuts cannot be avoided we need to be informed.

basthet
Premium
Premium

Mensaje sin leer por basthet » 26 Jun 2010, 11:43

Why don´t you file an official complaint with the appropriate department at the SdY townhall !
BASTHET Imagen

Victoria

Mensaje sin leer por Victoria » 01 Jul 2010, 13:46

In reference to the water cuts I am sure Julie was not critising anyone but I do agree that a warning of impending water cuts if known is advantagous to all, we all require water especially in the heat of the summer and to share the information of a cut to the supply we would all make sure our neighbours english and spanish alike are aware of the fact. We find the information on the SDY web site a very useful tool and very much appreciated.

Invitado

Mensaje sin leer por Invitado » 16 Jul 2010, 12:20

Information often does not reach all people, it is true, however I think it has been reported. Regarding water shortages intentional, I think I only intention is to create a bad conscience in the neighbors to think this.
The problem is all, and suffer all.

Julie

Mensaje sin leer por Julie » 16 Jul 2010, 22:10

Guest escribió:Information often does not reach all people, it is true, however I think it has been reported. Regarding water shortages intentional, I think I only intention is to create a bad conscience in the neighbors to think this.
The problem is all, and suffer all.

I did not mean that anybody was intentionally cutting the water. I was just asking if they were planned in advance, to allow works to be carried out, and if so could we be notified. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Responder